Mini Sweet Potato Fries
Start with giant sweet potato (Use Little People to make sure it's big enough!)
I love this mandolin slicer. I used the small julienne insert and I slice it into a container of salted water. Always use the safety holder (not pictured, but I did use it!) My husband and I have both almost lost fingers using this thing!
Drain on a paper towel before deep frying in oil on medium-high temperature. Stir frequently for about 5 minutes until slightly golden brown. Scoop out and drain on paper towel.
In between batches don't spill all over the kitchen unless you have a doggy vaccuum to clean it up. Thanks to my arthritic hands, he gets lots of extra treats!
Serve with the rest of your mini foods and enjoy! Any leftovers can be kept at room temp in an airtight container after completely cooled. Eat within 2 days.
4 Whole Grain English muffins, split and toasted
1/2 pound or 1 package fresh spinach
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1/2 pound bacon
1 cup homemade salsa*
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup cheese of your choice (I used goat cheese, because there is no better cheese in my opinion)
Cilantro to garnish
a dash of your favorite Mexican or Cajun spice
Tortilla chips served on the side
1. Cook bacon in a skillet and drain on paper towel
2. Sautee onions, peppers and spinach with olive oil and garlic. Set to low heat and keep warm.
3. Plate the toasted, split English muffins. 2 per plate.
4. Poach 8 eggs. This was the first time I had poached eggs successfully and did it using the guidlines here. Drain them on a paper towel.
5. Add one scoop of spinach mixture to each muffin, then add strips of bacon.
6. Put 1 poached egg on top of each muffin.
7. Top each egg with salsa, sour cream, and cilantro.
8. Sprinkle each with your choice of cheese and Cajun spice.
9. Serve with chips and have a fiesta!
(makes a big ol' batch)
6-8 ripe tomatoes, chopped
1 clove garlic
Juice of 1 lime
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
2 small bell peppers, chopped - green, red or yellow
1-2 jalapenos, depending on your taste buds
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
2 tsp. salt
1. In a food processor chop garlic and all peppers until minced.
2. add lime juice, cayenne and salt and mix.
3. add chopped tomatoes a few at a time and mix until desired consistency.
Serve with chips or add to your favorite recipe